Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday, September 27th

S+ English
Today we started by practicing another inference activity.  I was surprised by how many of you caught on so quickly to the "It says... I say... and so..." structuring.  There were still a few that were having a tough time.  No need to fret!  We will continue to practice inferences for the majority of the school year.

Once we were finished with our inference activity, I gave you the remainder of the hour to read The Outsiders.  Chapter 2 was to be completed by the end of the hour!

If you did not finish in class, I asked that you checked out a book.  I hope everyone comes to class with chapter two finished for Tuesday.

MONDAY IS THE FIELD TRIP!  I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE HOW WELL YOU DO!

English 7
Today in class we practiced another inference activity.  The majority of the class seemed to do well finding the answer, but struggled a bit figuring out how to phrase the answer.  Not a problem!  We will continue to practice this throughout the remainder of the school year.  

Once we were finished with our inference activity, I read aloud from The Outsiders for the remainder of the hour.  Thank you to those of you that were paying attention while I read aloud.

MONDAY IS THE FIELD TRIP!  I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE HOW WELL YOU DO!